Park City is a perfect year round destination teeming with seriously fun activities that will keep you entertained and active during your summer break! In this post, we will take a look at 5 Seriously Fun Summer activities in Park City!
1. Alpine Coaster and Zip Line: If you are looking for a serious thrill, the Alpine Coaster and Zip Line should be at the top of your list! Both of these attractions are located at Park City Mountain Resort, where you can speed down the mountain on a unique coaster or fly through the air on a zip line. The vista of verdant woods and majestic mountain surroundings is awe-inspiring & unforgettable.
2. Hiking: Park City hiking is seriously fun; there is a wide variety of terrain and breathtaking vistas around every corner. The Wasatch mountains are adorned with breath-taking trails and picturesque landscapes, burbling streams and local wildlife. Take a break from the hustle and bustle of city life and head to the trails. You can hike through forests, waterfalls, and scenic viewpoints. The most popular hiking trails include the Park City Summit and the Quarry Mountain Trail. There are several online apps (like alltrails) which allow you to set your ideal parameters and can guide you to your perfect hike!
3. River Rafting: River rafting in Utah is serious – seriously fun! Park City has easily accessible waterways like the Weber and Provo River, which are perfect for river rafting and tubing! There are several companies in the area that offer guided tours and tube rentals. Spend an afternoon on the river enjoying the beauty of nature while battling thrilling rapids. River rafting is a perfect activity for groups of friends or families seeking a fun outdoor adventures!
4. Fishing: Whether you are an experienced angler or a beginner, Park City has excellent fishing opportunities for everyone. The pristine rivers and waters in the region are stocked with rainbow, brown, and cutthroat trout. Local fishing guides provide equipment and expertise to help you have a memorable and enjoyable fishing experience.
5. Bike Riding: The bike riding in Park City is a great way to enjoy the warmer months – visitors will find that there are trails and paths for all levels of riders. From off road mountain bike trails to smooth city trails, there is something for everyone! The city also has a well-organized mountain bike park that offers beginner, intermediate, and advanced trails. The various mountain trails are easily accessed from the chair lifts at the local ski resorts; difficulty levels vary from downhill bike riding to cross-country riding, all of which deliver an adrenaline-filled experience.
Whether you’re visiting from out of town or just enjoying a staycation iTrip Park City is here to help you plan your perfect Park City Vacation – from vacation home rentals to free included seasonal activities we would love to help you reserve your best vacation ever!
Park City, Utah, is indeed a summer haven for outdoor enthusiasts seeking adventure. From alpine coasters, zip lines, hiking, river rafting, fishing, and bike riding, the activities are endless and will cater to thrill-seekers of all ages. Head to Park City this summer and try out these activities for a memorable and enjoyable time surrounded by the captivating scenery. Don’t waste a minute; make Park City your next summer vacation destination!
Park City Summer Family Favorites (part 1)
Park City is a beautiful mountain town known for its world-class ski resorts, golf and picturesque scenery. We polled the kids of iTrip (all 10 of them) about their favorite local summer spots and after much deliberation, this is their “locals guide to Park City”. We hope you’ll agree that there’s something for everyone – from scrumptious donuts to exciting alpine slides, Park City has so much to offer for families traveling with children. In this blog post, we will take a closer look at the top five kid-approved Park City spots that are a must-visit on your next family vacation.
Favorite Donut Shop – Mirror Lake Donuts
Aiming to be the favorite Aunt? Then start your summer day off right with a delicious treat from Mirror Lake Donuts. Located just outside of Park City (in Kamas Chevron) is one of our favorite spots for a sweet treat! Their HUGE, homemade donuts are the perfect way to boost your energy before a day full of exploration. Some of our favorites are their apple fritters, all things sprinkles and their classic glazed donuts are a classic! Be sure to check them out on instagram for their hours and unique weekly flavors: instagram.com/mirrorlakestation
Pro-tip: Go early or give them a call and order ahead of time!
Favorite Stroller Friendly Hike – McPolin Farm Nature Trail
Get your kids out in nature by taking a hike on McPolin Farm Nature Trail. This stroller / wheelchair friendly, easy-to-navigate trail is perfect for families who want to enjoy the great outdoors without feeling overwhelmed. It’s perfect for kids of all ages and can take as long as you’d like (when the kids were little their favorite thing was to scooter over the bridge and up/down near the barn). With stunning views of the surrounding mountains and plenty of wildlife to spot, your little ones will be entertained for sure! The trailhead is located just a short distance from the center of Park City, making it a convenient activity to do during your trip.
Pro-tip: Be sure to follow the signs for the parking lot – It can be a little confusing as it’s on the opposite side of the street from the white barn; there’s a tunnel that goes underneath to the park.
Click for details: visitparkcity.com/listing/mcpolin-farm-nature-trail
Favorite Thrill Ride – Alpine Slide at Park City Mountain
The alpine slide is a unique hybrid of a rollercoaster and a slide. Our kiddos love the ride up the Payday Ski Lift almost as much as the coaster itself! This is perfect for all levels of thrill seekers – each driver can control their speeds down a 3,000-foot track, taking in the stunning scenery as they zoom down the mountain. Whether you’re a daredevil or just looking for a fun time, this activity is perfect for children of all ages!
Pro-tip: Check their site for hours, pricing and rider requirements
Favorite Fast Casual Dining – Main Street Pizza & Noodle
For a delicious, kid-friendly meal, head to Main Street Pizza & Noodle. They serve up a variety of creative noodle dishes and mouth-watering pizza pies. We love the BBQ pizza and the kids menu has lots of choices to please even the pickiest of eaters. The casual atmosphere and quick service make it a great spot for families on the go. Plus, they have a nice selection of craft beers and wine by the glass which makes it a great option for parents looking to unwind after a busy day.
If the restaurant is too busy order ahead and take it to the nearby city park: mainstreetpizzanoodle.com
Pro-tip: Order smaller sizes of a couple different pizzas to get a good sampling!
Favorite Toy Shop – JW Allen & Sons Toys
If you’re looking for a toy shop that will provide a nostalgic, magical experience for your kids, this is the place to go! Located in Kimball Junction, Park City (closer to the freeway) this is our go-to toy shop. This is a cute little store that carries everything from Legos to the family board games to old-fashioned candy (remember zotz, button candy, pop rocks)We love the super friendly staff too! www.facebook.com/parkcitytoystore/
Pro-tip: Have the littles save their money for a budget friendly shopping trip:)
Follow us on social for Part 2 https://www.instagram.com/itrip.pc
Summer 2021 will be the first time in over a year that travel will be relatively safe for most Americans. With the continuing rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine across multiple states, more of the population will be able to travel by summer 2021. Many families who’d been waiting out the pandemic to visit family and close friends are now beginning to plan extended summer vacations and plans for long-term travel.
Among the top destinations, this summer is Park City, Utah. Park City also ranks as one of America’s favorite towns and a top vacation spot offering a large selection of activities for singles, families, and outdoor lovers. While it is safe to visit favorite destinations, many travelers are still opting to stay in private homes and vacation rental properties while traveling.
Park City Rental Home’s Will Be Busy
Park City, Utah, experienced a surge in rentals over the past summer, and many of those visitors turned into homeowners. They will utilize their second homes as additional income this summer. The demand for vacation rental properties is now higher than ever and expected to continue as the pandemic becomes less of a threat to the tourism industry.
Park City vacation rental management companies such as iTrip Vacations Park City continue to make travel safe for homeowners and vacationers alike this summer. Founder John Kennedy started iTrip Vacations Park City with his wife Dori in 2011. iTrip Vacations Park City’s dedicated local team and personalized services paired with its cutting-edge technological resources make the company one of the premier property management companies in Park City, Utah.
“We have made changes to accommodate the changing environment for homeowners and visitors to Park City over the past year, including increased cleanliness and unprecedented adaptability to change. Coming out of the pandemic, we are looking forward to continuing these practices for our homeowners and short-term vacationers this summer,” says Kennedy.
According to a recent report, by AirB&B one of the attributes specific to the first post-pandemic trip is that people are seeking a sense of calm and security. The top emotions they want to feel during that first trip are “relaxed” (44%), “comfortable” (34%), and “safe” (33%).
For many travelers, Park City, Utah has become a “must-see” destination for summer 2021. If planning a trip, consider booking with a vacation rental management company, like iTrip Vacations Park City, that follows a strict protocol consistent with CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting each property.
Summer brings excitement back to the hills of Park City, and many activities will again be available to those looking to experience their first vacation post-pandemic in the summer of 2021. Experts agree that now is the time to start reserving vacation homes for summer 2021.
For more information on Park City vacation rentals and property management, visit Park City’s Best Property Management Company.